Eiffel Tower Vertical® 2019: runners to watch
On March 13th 2019, 130 runners will take part in the 5th edition of the Eiffel Tower Vertical®.
Among them are some outstanding athletes.
Top 3 men and women elite athletes:
Piotr LOBODZINSKI - Poland (Bib #1 – Starting 09:49 PM)
- Four-time winner of the Eiffel Tower Vertical (all editions) – Best time: 07’48
- Four-time winner of the Vertical World Circuit
- Four-time winner of the Towerrunning world cup (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017)
Christian RIEDL – Germany (Bib #3 – Starting 09:47 PM)
- 2nd in the 2018 Eiffel Tower Vertical®
- 2nd in the 2018 Taipei 101 Run Up - Towerrunning World Championships
- Winner of the 2015 Empire State Building Run Up
Jakob MAYER – Austria (Bib #2 – Starting 09:48 PM)
- 3rd in the 2018 Eiffel Tower Vertical®
- 4th in the 2017 Eiffel Tower Vertical®
- Winner of the 2017 Staufenlauf 1000hm
Suzy WALSHAM - Australia (Bib #36 – Starting 09:11:30 PM)
- Four-time winner of the Eiffel Tower Vertical® (all editions) – Best time: 09’34
- Winner of the 2018 Taipei 101 Run Up - Towerrunning World Championships
- Winner of the 2018 Empire State Building Run Up
This year again, she is back to defend her title!
Dominika WISNIEWSKA - ULFIK – Poland (Bib #37 – Starting 09:11 PM)
- 3rd in the 2018 Eiffel Tower Vertical®
- 4th in the 2018 Towerrunning World Championships
- Winner of the 2018 Polish Mountain Running Championships
Gediminas GRINIUS - Lithuania - Team Vibram - Itra 888 (Bib #26 – Starting 09:24 PM)
- Winner of the 2018 Gaoligong By UTMB® - Mgu
- Winner of the 2017 Ultra-Trail® Tai Mo Shan - Utmt
- 2nd in the 2016 UTMB®
- 2nd in the 2016 The North Face Lavaredo Ultra Trail
- 2nd in the 2016 Transgrancanaria Hg – Trans Gc
Amandine BERTRAND – France (Bib #54 – Starting 09:02:30)
This young athlete from Lyon, France, has won every event of “The Tower”, a French circuit. She is also involved in the Vertical World Circuit.
Stories to remember:
Valérie HIRSCHFIELD – France (Bib #71 – Starting 08:50 PM)
This 54 years old one-legged athlete takes part in many towerrunning events including the Marseille Tower Run or the Montparnasse Tower Run.
Despite her handicap, Valérie is a real athlete who also plays wheelchair tennis, standing tennis, snowboard, surf, kitesurf, stand up paddle on long distances etc.
Patrick GUERIN – France (Bib #32 – Starting 09:18)
Patrick is familiar with our event as he has been volunteering for us many times. But this year, Patrick will live the Eiffel Tower Vertical® in the shoes of a runner.
This school teacher has been trying to run the Eiffel Tower Vertical since the creation of the event in 2015. Rejected each year, he has finally been accepted in 2019.
Bertrand LELLOUCHE – France (Bib #34 – Starting 09:16 PM)
EcoTrail regular since the 1st edition in 2008 and trail running enthusiast, Bertrand will finally get to participate in this iconic race after a 5 years wait to see his name be drawn.
He also volunteered for the event on many occasions. But this year, Bertrand will be among the ones running up the Eiffel Tower.
The event’s love story:
David HARRIS - England (Bib #7 – Starting 09:43 PM)
Sonja SHAKESPEARE - England (Bib #44 – Starting 09:43:30)
In 2018, David and Sonia ran the Eiffel Tower Vertical® together. And at the end of the race, David made the most of the unique view from the 3rd floor of the Eiffel Tower to propose to Sonia! One year later, they are back as husband and wife to try the adventure once again.
The Eiffel Tower Vertical® is one of the founding events of their love !
More information on the Eiffel Tower Vertical®: http://verticaletoureiffel.fr/
Download PDFDownload PDF
À propos de EcoTrail Paris®
Créé en 2008, l’EcoTrail Paris® est une course nature écoresponsable accessible à tous les pratiquants. Elle met en valeur le milieu naturel et culturel francilien en s’inscrivant au coeur des préoccupations du respect de l’environnement. L’événement propose une offre variée de trails, longues et courtes distances, mais également des marches nordiques et randonnées. L’EcoTrail Paris® est depuis 2021 le premier évènement sportif du dispositif Sport Planète élaboré par MAIF.
Site internet : ecotrailparis.com
Facebook : @EcoTrailParis
Created in 2008, EcoTrail Paris is an eco-responsible nature race accessible to all runners. It highlights the natural and cultural environment of the parisian region by being at the heart of environmental concerns. The event offers a variety of long and short distance trails, but also Nordic walking and hiking. Since 2021, EcoTrail Paris is the first sporting event of the "Sport Planète" Program.